Type of website: Convention Wait List Manager
Effective date: 2nd day of June, 2023
https://conventionq.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by ConventionQ. ConventionQ can be contacted at:
3802 Erlich Rd #308, Tampa, FL 33624
The personal data we will collect;
Use of collected data;
Who has access to the data collected;
The rights of Site and Services users; and
By using our Site and Services, users agree that they consent to:
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site and Services:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Payment information;
- Auto fill data;
- App usage data (such as session duration, features accessed, and interactions).
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Creating a user account;
- Completing forms or surveys;
- Making payments; and
- Interacting with the features and functionalities of the Services.
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
- Operation of the web application and establishment of user accounts;
- Providing the requested services, including managing convention waitlists;
- Communicating with users regarding their account, updates, and customer support;
- Personalizing the user experience and improving the functionality of the Services;
- Conducting data analysis and research to enhance our products and services;
- Enforcing our terms and conditions and protecting the rights, property, or safety of ConventionQ and its users.
Who We Share Personal Data With
Employees and Service Providers
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site or Services to another website or app, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose for which the data was collected has been achieved, or as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the data we collect. This includes using encryption for data transmission, storing data on secure servers, and limiting access to authorized personnel who are bound by strict confidentiality agreements. While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure. We cannot guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to whom we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer using the contact information provided below.
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site and Services over time and across third-party websites and, therefore, do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the “How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected” section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
- You can opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email or updating your email preferences under “Your Account.”
A cookie is a small file stored on a user’s hard drive by a website or app. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser or app settings, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site and Services:
- Functional cookies: These cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site and Services so that your preferences are saved for your next visits.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site and Services by collecting data on how you access and interact with them, such as the content you access, the duration of your sessions, etc.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies collect data on how you use the Site and Services and your preferences. This allows us to personalize the information you see on our Site and Services for you.
privacy officer, Christopher Ellis, at: